One of the most interesting things I remember back from childbirth classes was trying to learn how to swaddle an infant. It wasn’t much easier on a doll that laid still than it was on our newborn baby once she was born – but by the time our second and third daughters were born, we were swaddling experts. Experts on putting a swaddle together, that is. Our kids became experts at getting out of them, and our youngest daughter set a record at how quickly she would kick her way out of the tightest swaddle we could make. Then, of course she would wake up because she wasn’t all snug and comfy anymore. 🙂
Well, thanks to the Miracle Blanket, parents don’t have to struggle with how to keep their babies swaddled – the blanket is made specifically to be easy for parents to use and to keep babies swaddled comfortably all night. Unlike a regular rectangular blanket that needs to be folded, and used in a specific way in order to wrap baby snugly enough (and can be kicked apart by a wiggly little one), the Miracle Blanket is shaped specifically to hold baby’s arms and legs tightly enough that he or she can stay snug and tight (and asleep) much longer.
Here’s a list of the Miracle Blanket’s benefits (from their website):
- Not to be confused with a baby wrap or a zip-up wearable blanket, the Miracle Blanket® is the only TRUE SWADDLING blanket successfully designed to help your baby sleep.
- Stops or reduces fussiness. Helps baby sleep better, deeper and longer.
- Makes breast feeding easier.
- One size fits all. No adjustments – newborn to several months.
- Can’t impede development of hips and knees. As baby grows, her legs extend beyond the tight portion of the wrap for free movement and joint development.
- No extra material & breathable fabric. Limits the risk of overheating.
- Simplicity of design. No confusing folding. Easy to use – even in the dark!
- Won’t unravel during restless sleep.
- No knots, buttons, straps, Velcro, snaps, zippers, etc.
- Helps your baby sleep on their back. Washington University Journal of Pediatrics studies prove even stomach-sleeping babies will sleep more comfortably on their backs if properly swaddled.
The Miracle Blanket is for use with babies up to four months of age, and comes in a variety of colors. Right now they are offering a special of 10% off the regular price of $29.95 per blanket, or 15% off if you purchase two or more at the same time.
But if you’d like to try out the Miracle Blanket for free, I have the opportunity to give one (in your choice of color) away to a lucky reader! Whether you’d like it for your own baby, or as a wonderful gift to someone who’s expecting or has a new baby in the house, here are the rules:
- Enter by visiting the Miracle Blanket site and leaving a comment here to let me know what your favorite color choice is. Please don’t just say ‘choose me’, or your entry will be discarded.
- The contest will run until Sunday, March 15th at 11:59 pm EST. The winner will be selected through random drawing, contacted by e-mail, listed on this post and also submitted to PRIZEY.Fetch. US entries only, please.
- Please leave a valid e-mail address or other way to contact you! If you don’t wish to leave your e-mail address, please make sure that you leave a unique name and check back with PRIZEYWinners to see if you won. If the winner hasn’t responded within 3 days, an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing.
- If you’d like extra entries, you can:
- Subscribe to my RSS feed (click on the orange icon in the upper right sidebar) or subscribe via e-mail – leave me a separate comment to let me know.
- Mention this contest on your blog with a link back to this post, and leave a separate comment with the link to your post so I can find it.
- Either Twitter about, ‘Stumble’, ‘Digg’ or ‘Kirtsy’ this post – leave me a separate comment with your username at whichever site(s) you chose (one extra entry per method).
So that’s a total of 7 comments/entries if you do all of the extra entry options.
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED – the random number generator has chosen comment #78 as the winner:
Congratulations to Teresha who said, “I would love to have the green with beige trim“! I will be e-mailing you shortly to work out the details.