With the holidays upon us, it’s definitely the season of entertaining, big family dinners and lots of cooking and baking going on. All of which – creates ever more dishes to wash, of course. I know our dishwasher seems to work overtime during the months of November and December – with my middle daughter’s birthday thrown into the mix along with Thanksgiving, Hanukah and Christmas. It’s this time of year that I’m especially glad to have plenty of FINISH Quantum dishwasher detergent on hand, as well as JET-DRY Turbo Dry.
What they are:
FINISH Quantum is a revolutionary dishwashing detergent system that uses 3-chamber technology to release each agent at the correct time during the wash/rinse/dry cycles for a powerful clean with no need to pre-rinse, according to their website:
Using a product like FINISH Quantum allows you to enjoy cooking instead of dreading the cleanup. This advanced dishwashing detergent releases agents to break down food residue in three different ways. During the dishwashing cycle, bleach granules fight tough stains, enzyme granules soften burnt-on food, and POWERBALL with JET-DRY gel gives amazing shine. With FINISH Quantum, you’ll have the satisfaction and confidence in knowing that dishes will be clean the first time, every time – even without pre-rinsing. Using FINISH JET-DRY Turbo Dry along with FINISH Quantum provides superior drying compared to detergent alone, so you won’t need to towel dry as you unload.
Adding FINISH® JET-DRY® Turbo Dry® drying agent to your dishwasher also provides superior drying when compared to using detergent by itself. It is specifically engineered to provide you with amazingly dry cutlery, glass and even plastic items.
Here’s my take on it:
I’ve used FINISH Quantum before, and it’s one of two main brands that I tend to buy on a regular basis – generally whichever is on sale or I have a coupon for on any particular grocery shopping trip. However, over the past few months I’ve begun to lean much more toward using FINISH than the other brand – mainly because the FINISH Quantum works well every single time I’ve used it and I’ve never had an issue with my dishwasher’s detergent dispenser top not opening when using it, as I have noticed occurring sometimes when using the other brand. These Powerball tabs are uniformly sized and shaped to fit extremely well into the detergent dispenser and allow the top to close without hanging on or sticking to anything. And I know that I can trust FINISH Quantum to get my dishes clean on the first cycle, instead of having to run some or all of the load again. Dishes pile up quickly around here, especially during the holidays when we’re baking more often, and I need a detergent that I can rely on. Using the JET-DRY Turbo Dry also is a huge time-saver too since I know that my dishes will be fully dry when I open the dishwasher and that means that I can more quickly unload and re-load it without having to stop to dry things as I put them away.
The bottom line:
Overall, I’ve been extremely happy with both the FINISH Quantum and JET-DRY Turbo Dry products and will keep using them both very happily both during the holidays and afterward as well!
Where can you find them?:
You can purchase FINISH Quantum and JET-DRY Turbo Dry at just about any retailer where dishwashing detergents are sold. The suggested retail price for a 12-count package of Quantum is $3.99, and for a 6.76-ounce bottle of Turbo Dry is $4.49.
FINISH was featured on a recent episode of Designing Spaces. The segment provides an excellent overview of the dos and don’ts of dishwashing – here’s the link: http://www.designingspaces.tv/show_segment.php?id=612!
Would you like to try them?:
I have the opportunity to give away 5 sets of FINISH Quantum and JET-DRY Turbo Dry like the ones I received to 5 lucky winners! If you would like to take a little more off of your shoulders this holiday season and give these a try, here are the rules:
- Enter by leaving a comment here to let me know what your worst offender is when it comes to meals or recipes that make it hard to get your dishes clean afterward. This is required – please don’t just say anything like ‘choose me’, or your entry will be discarded.
- The contest will run until Sunday, December 12th at 11:59 pm EST. The winners will be selected through random drawing, contacted by e-mail and listed on this post. US entries only, please.
- Please leave a valid e-mail address or other way to contact you! If any of the winners hasn’t responded within 3 days, an alternate winner will be chosen by random drawing.
- If you’d like extra entries, you can:
- Subscribe to my RSS feed (click on the orange icon in the upper right sidebar) or subscribe via e-mail – leave me a separate comment to let me know (1 extra entry).
- Mention this contest on your blog with a link back to this post, and leave a separate comment with the link to your post so I can find it (1 extra entry).
- Tweet this giveaway – leave me a separate comment with a link to your tweet (1 extra entry).
- ‘Like’ this site on Facebook – there’s a link in the sidebar or you can click here. Leave a comment to let me know (1 extra entry).
So that’s a total of 5 comments/entries if you do all of the extra entry options.
THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED – and the winners are…
- Haven – Comment: Any kind of casserole ESPECIALLY WITH CHEESE is the WORST!!!
- Janel C. – Comment: following you on facebook a moms take (PS. we seem to have similar tastes in blog names!)
- deb c – Comment: I am an email subscriber
- Ellen C. – Comment: I’m a subscriber.
- MARY T – Comment: I blogged it. Please be kind – its my first attempt at blogging!
Congratulations to everyone and I will be e-mailing you all shortly to work out the details!
I wrote this review while participating in a blog tour by Mom Central Consulting on behalf of FINISH and received a sample of FINISH Quantum and JET-DRY Turbo Dry. Mom Central Consulting also sent me a gift card to thank me for taking the time to participate.